Jordan Livingston (1926 - 2003)
The son and son-in-law of furriers, Jordan Livingston continued his family's legacy in one of the country's longest-standing industries with a successful five-decade career that emphasized the importance of fashion in his profession and community in his personal life. In 1950 the Toronto native moved to Hamilton to operate Warner W. Howell Furs, located at King and MacNab streets where the Stelco Tower stands today. The name changed in 1955 to become Jordan Livingston Furs Ltd., and it was one of the first to move into Hamilton's Terminal Towers. Jordan remained a tireless community supporter, and a member of more than three-dozen organizations. He was active in the fur industry and had been chair of the Retail Fur Council of Canada. He was also a member of the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa and has received numerous awards.