Accessible Washroom at Redhill not available
The accessible washroom at Redhill is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Holds Processing and Delivery Delays
Holds processing and deliveries to Branches will be delayed for the next week due to Staff capacity.
We are working to move materials as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Please be aware of online phishing attempts impersonating Hamilton Public Library and Library Staff. HPL does not solicit paid freelance opportunities through social media or other messaging applications. HPL does not request personal or banking information through social media or require financial compensation when reviewing job applications. Please report phishing schemes to email@example.com. If you think you are a victim of fraud, please call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
To clearly illustrate the scope and breadth of records kept in the Red Book, the intentions of this resource, and to set out terms for how this information is owned by HPL, used and shared by others.
Key Points Summary
- Red Book by HPL provides equitable access and support for knowledge of programs, organizations and resources in the community.
- HPL determines which records are contained in the Red Book based on our Inclusion and Exclusion criteria
- HPL accepts no liability for accuracy of information in the Red Book and does not endorse any organization or program by its inclusion
- HPL welcomes suggestions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, however we reserve the right to determine and edit records at our discretion
Hamilton Public Library gathers, organizes, maintains and shares information about community organizations and programs that provide services to the public. Red Book by Hamilton Public Library makes this information readily available to the community, enabling people to make informed choices to improve their quality of life. We produce and manage the Red Book, a resource database of community services.
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library includes services located in the City of Hamilton or serving the people of Hamilton that are:
- non-profit, community-based services
- government services
- elected representatives (in a non-partisan manner)
- grassroots organizations
Commercial organizations are generally excluded, except in cases where:
- They provide a service not offered by the non-profit sector
- They meet the specific needs of an underrepresented group or group that faces systemic barriers to service
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library includes, but is not limited to, services related to:
- Basic needs
- Cultural groups
- Employment and training
- Faith groups and places of worship
- Legal and criminal system
- Settlement and integration
- Youth services
Inclusion in the Red Book is free and subject to the discretion of Hamilton Public Library.
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library, generally, does not include records for private professionals, organizations or agencies offering services for profit.
Hamilton Public Library reserves the right to exclude from the database any organization that it has, in its own discretion, adequate reason to believe may spread hatred or have a philosophy that could be hurtful to the well-being of individuals, groups or the community as a whole.
Potential grounds for exclusion or removal from the database may include, but are not limited to, service non-delivery, fraud, misrepresentation, discrimination based on grounds named in the Ontario Human Rights Code and/or the Canadian Charter of Human Rights, criminal activities, or operating outside licensing mandates.