What is Extended Access?
It allows registered Members access to the collections, public computers, Wi-Fi and space in the Freelton and Lynden branches during hours staff aren’t on duty.
How do I sign up?
Pick up a form at a branch, or download, print and fill out the form. Bring the completed the form to any HPL branch to finalize the registration process with Staff.
Who can register?
Extended Access is available for Hamilton Public Library Members who:
- Hold a valid resident Hamilton Public Library card.
- Present valid photo ID (e.g. Ontario ID, Driver's License, Student ID, etc.).
- Are age 14 or older. Children under age 14 must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian is considered the main user.
- Completes the Extended Access Terms and Conditions Form.
- Uphold the Member and Service Agreement.
What services are offered?
Registered Members can access the collection, spaces, computers and Wi-Fi at the Freelton and Lynden branches during specified hours and during hours when Staff aren’t present.
What if I need help when Staff aren’t in the branch?
Staff are present at the branch for a portion of each business day. For extended hours, HPL staff at other branches provide remote support via a dedicated video/phone link. Additional security cameras are also on site to monitor the branches.
What are the hours for Extended Access?
- Registering library cardholders ensures greater accountability and understanding of the mutual responsibilities in using the library during Extended Access hours.
- By registering for Extended Access, you agree to comply with Hamilton Public Library Policies and Procedures and accept responsibility for the space, equipment, and furniture in the branch during your visit.