The Newcomer Learning Centre Online Learning/Tutoring program provides English Language Learning through video/audio chat twice per week, for one hour each session, using the NLC website or smartphone app.
- Commit to a minimum of six months.
- Age 19+.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Advanced computer skills.
- A Secondary School diploma is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- A recent Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check within 30 days of being matched with a student (dated within the past 12 months).
- Help Newcomers improve their English.
- Learn English Language Learning technology.
- Initial training at the Newcomer Learning Centre, 4th Floor Central Library.
This program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.