HPL supports and showcases the talents of local authors, musicians, film makers and artists and encourages everyone to celebrate local talent.
Check out our local catalogue and find local author collections on display throughout HPL branches.
Enjoy online and in-branch experiences like Noon Hour Concerts, Indigenous Market, Author Visits, Virtual Storytellers or Poems from Home or take part in annual Hamilton Reads and Summer Reading Club programming.
Local authors, interested in seeing your book in HPL’s collection?
Titles can be added in both print and eBook formats. Submissions are reviewed within the context of the library’s established selection criteria outlined in the Collections Policy.
Due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to contact or meet with authors individually, nor are we able to confirm whether or not we have decided to add the work. If accepted, the item will be purchased and added to our catalogue. We consider any author who possesses an active HPL Discovery card to be a “Local Author” in relation to this policy. If you qualify for a HPL Discovery card, but do not currently have one, please visit your local branch, or get a Library Card Online.
Self-published eBooks can be submitted to the Indie Author Project for consideration. After it’s vetted, it may then be added to the Indie Ontario Collection on Biblioboard. If you require software to create your eBook, Pressbooks will help you design and format it.
- Please complete the form below.
- If you’d like us to purchase your book, please ensure that it is available in our vendor’s catalogue: https://www.whitehots.com/home/library
- We recommend authors send information about their books, including reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and consideration.
- Please note books delivered to the library will be treated as donations and become the property of Hamilton Public Library. We are unable to return a book if we decide not to include it in our collection.
- Books are not purchased on consignment.