Central Library - Tax Clinic Cancellation
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the free drop-in tax preparation service clinic on Saturday, April 8 has been cancelled. Please visit hpl.ca/free-tax-service for other clinic dates. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please be aware of online phishing attempts impersonating Hamilton Public Library and Library Staff. HPL does not solicit paid freelance opportunities through social media or other messaging applications. HPL does not request personal or banking information through social media or require financial compensation when reviewing job applications. Please report phishing schemes to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you think you are a victim of fraud, please call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Wi-Fi Unavailable at Red Hill Branch
The Wi-Fi is not working at the Red Hill Branch. Staff is working diligently to resolve the problem.
Barton Branch Makerspace
The iMac at the Barton Branch Makerspace is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue.
Hamilton Public Library will provide refunds for the following:
- Flawed print jobs due to printer error. Refunds are granted in the form of Print Credits only and for legitimate reasons at the discretion of Library staff. See Non-Cash Adjustment procedures.
- Merchandise (e.g. Headphones, USB, etc.) that has been reported faulty or damaged.
- Shared space bookings that have been cancelled within ten (10) business days. Please see the Program Room & Rentable Spaces Policy for more details.
- If eligible for a refund for ANY item or service:
- Original receipt may be requested.
- You must provide your library card.
- Cash refunds up to $25 can be done at a branch (provided they have the cash on hand to do so).
- Cash Refunds over $25 should be forwarded to the Financial Services office and will be done through the accounts payable process (via a cheque).”
- Questions regarding refunds may be directed to Customer Service at 905-546-3200 x3275.