Late fines are charged for each day an item is out past its due date. If you have advised us of your email address, you will receive an email reminding you that items are coming due.
Adults & Teens
- Overdue fines: 25¢/day, Max $5 (per item)
- Privilege suspension: Accumulated fines of $20 or more.
- Overdue fines: 10¢/day, Max $2.50 (per item)
- Privilege suspension: Accumulated fines of $10 or more.
- Interlibrary Loan, DVD Express, Bestseller Express: $1/day Max $10 (per item)
- Games: $1/day Max $10 for adults & teens, 50¢/Max $5 for children (per item)
$2 to replace.
If you borrow an item from the library and then lose it, we will charge a replacement fee for the lost item. The overdue fines will be waived.
Found / Returned Items
If the lost item is found and returned, you will be eligible for reimbursement of the replacement fee as long as the following criteria are met:
- It is within three months of the due date. No refund will be permitted after three months.
- The original receipt for payment is provided. No refund will be permitted without the original receipt.
- The overdue fines will be reinstated.
Fines and fees can be paid at any branch with cash, debit, VISA or Mastercard.
Payment can also be made online through SmartPay. Online payment is only available for credit cards at this time.
Collection Agency Notification
Library accounts will be sent to a collection agency after 21 days when your card has reached $50.00 due to:
- Fines for overdue items and/or;
- Replacement fees for lost items
You will not be able to borrow materials until your account is cleared.
If your account is sent to the collection agency, a non-refundable fee of $15.00 will be added to your account.