Volunteers with this program help older adults with computers/digital devices in a classroom setting under the direction of library staff. The program runs over a series of dates.
- 14-18 years of age
- Tech savvy and comfortable with computers
- Good communication skills
- Be reliable, patient and trustworthy
- Experienced or interested in working with older adults/seniors
- Attend training sessions
- Provide assistance to adults learning new computer skills
- Provide positive feedback and encouragement
- Commit to the dates and times listed below
- Earn volunteer hours
- Gain tutoring experience
- Enjoy the benefit of helping someone learn a new skill
Location and Time Commitment
Volunteers are currently needed at the following locations:
- Dundas Branch - Third Tuesday of every month from 3:30pm to 5;00pm
- Red Hill Branch - last Tuesday of every month from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Terryberry Branch - Last Tuesday of every month from 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- Waterdown Branch - Fourth Wednesday of every month from 4:00 pm to 5:30pm
All volunteers will be required to attend a training session before they are able to volunteer for this program.
Please make sure that you are available on the days and times indicated above before applying.
Apply online or download the application form.