The English Language Learning (ELL) Tutoring program helps adult newcomers improve their English skills and confidence. Volunteers and students meet in person at a mutually agreed upon time in the Library or other public place twice a week for two hours.
- 2 hours, twice a week.
- A minimum 6-month commitment is required.
- Age 19+
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- A Secondary School diploma is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- An interest in other cultures.
- A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check is required within 30 days of being matched with a student (dated within 12 months).
- Meet and foster friendships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Help newcomers improve their English skills and confidence.
- Valuable ELL tutoring experience.
- Newcomer Learning Centre, 4th Floor Central Library.
- Meeting locations available at other Library branches.
Contact: The Volunteer Coordinator at (905) 546-3200 x 3620 or email email@example.com
This program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.