Due to current events, we are suspending our Interlibrary Loan service until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
If HPL does not own a copy of an item that a member needs, the member can request that we borrow the item from another library system.
Are there any restrictions?
We are unable to provide the following types of materials:
- New Books (24 Months); Bestsellers
- Rare And Fragile Books
- Blu Rays, DVDs, Music CDs, Microfilm, Books on CD and Games
- Any item that is available for less than $5.00 through Amazon.ca
- Articles that are available full-text through our online resources
- EBooks and online resources
Please note the following limitations:
- A limit of two (2) member requests per month
- One title per request form.
- These requests usually take approximately five to seven weeks to fill
- We cannot guarantee fulfillment by a certain date.
- Items borrowed through interlibrary loan cannot be renewed.
Please fill out all information below as accurately as possible to provide us with the best possible chance to fill your request. For more information, please contact your local branch.