We are looking for 40 volunteers to participate in a 3-month term as a Teen Reviewer. This is a virtual volunteer opportunity where you can submit reviews of books, movies, graphic novels, music, and/or video games to promote the Hamilton Public Library’s collection to others age 14-18. For more information, please see below. Let us know why you would like to be a Teen Reviewer.
- Ages 14-18.
- An interest in reading, watching or listening to items from our library collections.
- An ability to communicate well with others.
- Strong writing skills.
- Read, watch, or listen to any item from the curated list of HPL’s print and digital collections.
- Write a meaningful and concise review of 100-200 words.
- Reviews must use inclusive and respectful language.
- Reviews must adhere to HPL Values.
- Represent Hamilton Public Library on the Bibliocommons Catalogue.
- Earn volunteer hours toward your Secondary School diploma. Earn one volunteer hour per review, up to 20 hours total.
- Discover books, movies, music and video games from the curated list of HPL’s print and digital collections.
- Amplify your voice in the library.
- Improve your writing and critical thinking skills.
Teens - Ages 14-18
Application and Timeline:
Please fill out the form below, or download and print the form. Application deadlines are as follows:
1st Term (June, July, August)
Apply by June 5th, 2021.
2nd Term (September, October, November)
Apply by August 13th, 2021.
3rd Term (December, January, February)
Apply by November 12th, 2021.
4th Term (March, April, May)
Apply by February 11th, 2022.