1870 - George Murison
In his youth Murison was apprenticed as a carpenter and builder. In 1843 he came to Hamilton to work for Horace Hills. He formed his own business in 1846 and was involved in the building of the Custom House in 1858. Murison went into partnership with George Sharp about 1867 to operate a planing mill and sash and blind factory on Bay Street. He retired in 1871. Murison was elected alderman for St. George's Ward in 1856 and served until 1871. He served one year as mayor in 1870. He moved to Wellington Square (now Burlington) about 1871 but returned to Hamilton ten years later after financial reverses. He then served as both health inspector and building inspector.
Born: 1820, New Deer, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Married: Ann Farquhar, 1844
Died: May 27, 1889
Buried: Hamilton Cemetery