If you borrow an item from the library and then lose it, we will charge a replacement fee for the lost item. The overdue fines will be waived.
Found / Returned Items
If the lost item is found and returned, you will be eligible for reimbursement of the replacement fee as long as the following criteria are met:
- It is within three months of the due date. No refund will be permitted after three months.
- The original receipt for payment is provided. No refund will be permitted without the original receipt.
- The overdue fines will be reinstated.
If eligible for a refund for ANY item or service:
- You MUST have the original receipt.
- You must provide your library card.
- Refunds up to $25 can be done at a branch (provided they have the cash to do so).
- Refunds up to $25 will paid by the method used for the original payment, that is, cash, credit or debit.
- Refunds over $25 will be done through the accounts payable process (via a cheque).
Questions regarding refunds may be directed to Customer Service at 905-546-3200 x3275.